August 25, 2011

Escape to Alcatraz

I think an August weekend getaway to the Bay area should be done every year.  It helps remind me that summer will eventually come to and end and cooler temps will prevail.  This year we set our sights on the San Francisco Street Food Fest thanks to my friend, Chuck, for the fantastic idea.

We arrived Friday evening and were whisked away by my Nephew and his wife to Piedmont, just outside of Oakland, for a terrific Italian meal at Lo Coco's Ristorante.  It was the perfect way to start the weekend.

The Street Food Fest started out strong only 20 minutes old

I was going to be a little adventurous, but not for larvae soft tacos!

This was my favorite of the day

Good Falafel here

By 1:30 things were really hopping

That sausage better be good, it was over an HOUR wait!!

Love the style of SF

Reminded me of my neighbors house


Mormon Temple of Oakland, they're everywhere!!


Add caption

The Oakland Bay Bridge is not long for this world, a new replacement is almost ready

Greek Orthodox church in copper

Cool chopper artwork

They'll tag anything in Oakland!


This was my favorite of the garden, a mini giant







Is that Freedom Rock? Well, turn it up!!
It was such a nice weekend in the Bay area, mid 60's to mid 70's outside a far cry from the 110+ we've had lately here in the desert.  This may very well be the start of an annual August migration.

No comments:

Post a Comment