February 9, 2018

Chuparosa

My friend, George, recently started a new venture: Binary Bicycles. He's built up a couple custom Ti frame bikes and had been loaning a few out for feedback. I guess my number came up and was offered an extensive trial on a sweet looking 27.5+ Ti hardtail, the Chuparosa.
Binary Bicycles Chuparosa 27.5+ Ti All-Mountain / Trail bike
No sooner had George dropped it off and gave me the grand tour, I was pedaling it down the road towards SanTan Regional Park. I've been riding a Ti hardtail for almost 1 1/2 years now and absolutely love it. This bike was a bit different. The plus-size tires: (Front: 2.8 Teravail Kennebec, Rear: 3.0 Teravail Coronado), Di2 electronic shifting was new to me and it had a 1 x 11 drivetrain with a 28t oval. The handlebars are a bit wider than I'm used to at 780mm, but they had a good feel right away.

The 7 mile paved ride down to the park was a bit sluggish, but nothing I wasn't really expecting with the big tires. George and I are similar in build, so I didn't really have to tweak much at all to feel comfortable.

I felt good on the climb up Dynamite trail and breezed relatively easily through an outer loop of the park before returning home.
Hang Loose Bro.
First impressions were very favorable, but I wanted to put this thing through a long distance test. I have been itching to get out on a 10+ hour ride, my first really since the Colorado Trail Race. The weather and my schedule had lined up perfectly for such an opportunity the following day....

Route:

No comments:

Post a Comment